In the world of anime, Crunchyroll is as big a name as it gets. The website was one of the earliest platforms to stream anime shows for free and remains immensely popular to this day. While the website sounds great on paper, the free service of Crunchyroll comes at a cost. The website is plagued with the internet’s worst creation, advertisements. To compensate for tons of free shows, Crunchyroll uses as many ads, turning streaming hours into hell. If you have been at the receiving end of these advertisements and want to enjoy anime without any distractions, read ahead to find out how to block ads on Crunchyroll for free.
How to Block Ads on Crunchyroll for Free
Why does Crunchyroll have so many ads?
Crunchyroll is a free service; therefore, the abundance of ads should not come as a surprise. While most of the ads are about Crunchyroll premium and other popular anime, their duration and frequency have increased substantially. Users now have to watch one ad before the show, a few in between, and a few after. Within this plethora of ads, the beauty of the show is often lost. Additionally, unlike YouTube, Crunchyroll was not kind enough to give users the skip option, forcing them to sit through 20 seconds of agony each time an ad plays. While one should acknowledge that ads are an essential part of Crunchyroll, their sheer number alone is enough to effectively ruin an anime stream session.
Method 1: Use AdGuard to Remove Ads
Many adblockers on the market claim to get the job done, but there are only a few that actually deliver. AdGuard is one of the finest ad blocking applications for Windows and aims at enhancing your entire online experience. Here’s how you can use AdGuard to block ads on Crunchyroll for free.
1. On your browser, and head to the AdGuard Browser extension store and select the version of the extension that will run with your browser. Once a browser is selected, click on ‘Install.’
2. You will be redirected to the browser’s web store from where you can add the extension.
3. Once the extension is added, try running any video on Crunchyroll. Not only will the in-show advertisements stop, but the ad banners on both ends of the screen will also disappear.
Method 2: Change the Website Code Using the Inspect Element
A rather advanced way of removing ads from Crunchyroll is by altering the web page’s code and disabling the advertisements directly. This method may seem complicated, but if you follow along, it can be applied quite easily.
1. Open the Crunchyroll website and play the show of your choice. Before the show begins, right-click on the webpage and click on ‘Inspect.’
2. On the inspect page, enter Ctrl + Shift + P to open the Command Drawer.
3. In the Command Drawer, search for ‘Show Network request blocking’ and select the option that appears.
4. A small window will open at the bottom of the inspect element. Here, click on the checkbox titled ‘Enable network request blocking.’
5. Next to this option, click on the Plus icon to add a pattern to the blocking.
6. In the small textbox that appears, enter the following code: vrv.co and click on the blue ‘Add’ button just below it.
7. Keep the Inspect window open and try to watch the show again. Most bothersome ads should be blocked.
Also Read: How to Find the Best Kik Chat Rooms to Join
Method 3: Use AdLock to Block Ads on Crunchyroll
AdLock is another reliable adblocking service that has proven efficient against the insane number of ads on Crunchyroll. Unlike AdGuard, however, AdLock can only be activated through a downloadable app and stops ads not just on websites but on your entire system. To effectively use the software, head to the official website of AdLock and download the app for Windows. The first 14 days of AdLock are free, and the software does not require credit card info to start functioning. Once the app is installed, it starts running immediately, blocking all ads on your PC and on websites such as Crunchy for free.
Method 4: Use Crunchyroll Guest Passes for Ad-Free Experience
The Crunchyroll guest pass is an ingenious feature introduced by the website, where premium users can give friends and families guest access to their accounts for 24 – 48 hours. Ideally, the concept of guest passes was intended only on a smaller scale with users sharing, giving their friends a chance to enjoy premium, but with time, these coveted guest passes can be found anywhere.
One of the best ways to get guest passes is through the Reddit page of Crunchyroll , where many users share their passes every Thursday for the weekend. Ensure that you are one of the first people to try a link because as soon as the limit is reached, guest passes stop working. Another place where you can get guest passes is the Crunchyroll guest pass forum , where official users share their passes and even give important information regarding the usage of guest passes.
Method 5: Try the Premium Version
If you are tired of sneaking around and experimenting with different ways of removing ads from Crunchyroll, then it is time to upgrade to the premium version. For die-hard fans of anime, the premium version, which starts at $9.99 per month, could very well be one of the best investments they have ever made.
Not only does this officially rid your Crunchyroll account from all sorts of advertisements, but it also gives you offline streaming and allows you to watch free anime from up to 4 devices simultaneously. You can also convince your anime friends to split the membership fees with you and enjoy Crunchyroll premium for one-fourth the price.
- How to Watch Studio Ghibli movies on HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu
- 13 Best Websites to Watch Cartoons Online
- How to Fix Broken Registry Items in Windows 10
- How to Download YouTube Videos on Mobile
Despite the emergence of universal OTT platforms, Crunchyroll has maintained its relevance due to amazing titles and quality service. With the ads removed from the website, streaming anime has never been better.
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to block ads on Crunchyroll for free. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.