Netflix has been the primary harbinger in the rise of online streaming and entertainment services. The iconic deep ‘ta-dum’ intro almost guarantees an exciting show for the viewers who tend to make every film a gigantic occasion. Perhaps the only thing that can ruin your perfect Netflix evening more than a buffering video is a video with poor quality. If you have experienced this problem and want to regain your ideal Netflix viewing experience, here’s a post to help you figure out how to change Netflix video quality on your computer.
How to Change Netflix Video Quality on your Computer
Why is Netflix quality so bad on PC?
Video quality on Netflix can be affected by a few factors. Your video settings could be the primary cause. Unlike Amazon Prime and Hotstar, Netflix does not give users the option of adjusting the video quality while streaming. Additionally, faulty internet connectivity could be a major contributor to poor video quality on Netflix. Regardless of the issue, the video quality error on Netflix can be fixed by following the steps mentioned below.
Method 1: Adjust Netflix Video Quality from Account Settings
There are various video streaming options on Netflix that have been created to save data. Chances are, your video quality is set to a lower setting causing you to have blurry movie nights. Here’s how you can increase Netflix video quality on PC:
1. Open the Netflix app on your PC and click on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.
2. From the two options that appear, click on ‘Settings.’
3. In the panel titled Accounts, click on ‘Account Details.’
4. You will now be redirected to your Netflix account through your default browser.
5. Within the Account options, scroll down until you reach the ‘Profile and Parental Control’ panel and then select the Account whose video quality you want to change.
6. In front of the ‘Playback Settings’ option, click on Change.
7. Under the ‘Data usage per screen’ menu, select the option that best suits your needs and adheres to your data plan. You can also set it to default and force it to change based on your network connectivity.
8. Your Netflix video quality will change according to your selected option.
Method 2: Changing Quality of Downloaded Videos on Netflix
Once you have adjusted the streaming quality, you can also change the quality of downloads on Netflix. By doing so, you can download movies or shows beforehand and enjoy them in high quality without the fear of video-lagging looming around.
1. Click on the three dots on the top right corner of your Netflix app and open the Settings.
2. In the Settings menu, go to the panel titled Downloads and click on ‘Video Quality.’
3. If the quality is set to ‘Standard,’ you can change it to ‘High’ and improve the video quality of downloads on Netflix.
Also Read: 9 Ways to Fix Netflix App Not Working On Windows 10
Method 3: Change Your Netflix Subscription Plan
Netflix has a wide range of subscription plans, each plan offering different perks and features. The issue of poor video quality could very well be caused by a cheaper Netflix plan. While 1080p is supported with the standard plan, to get 4K resolution, you will have to shift to a premium plan. Here’s how you can change Netflix video quality on your Windows 10 PC:
1. By following the steps mentioned above, open the account settings for your Netflix account on your browser. Three Dots > Settings > Account Details.
2. Go to the ‘Plan Details’ panel and click on ‘Change Plan.’
3. Choose a streaming plan that best meets your requirements and continue with the payment procedure.
4. Once done, the video quality of your Netflix account will be upgraded.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I make sure Netflix plays in HD?
Netflix adjusts the video quality of users to save data. This can cause your video quality to dip when the connectivity around you is slow. You can change this feature by going to your account settings and changing the video playback setting to high. This will make sure that your Netflix videos play in HD.
Q2. How do I find the resolution of Netflix on my computer?
Netflix resolution is decided either through your internet connection or through your subscription plan. By opening the settings on your Netflix app and then clicking on Account Details, you will be redirected to your Netflix account on your browser. Here you can check your subscription plan and even see if your video quality is set to high.
Q3. How do I change the video quality on Netflix?
You can change the video quality on Netflix by accessing your account profile through the browser on your PC. Here go it Playback Settings and click on the Change option in front of it. Based on your requirement, you can select the video quality for your Netflix account.
Blurry videos and spinning circles are the worst enemies of video streaming. If you have faced them recently and want to enhance your viewing experience, the steps mentioned above ought to help you.
- Fix Netflix Error “Unable to Connect to Netflix”
- How to take a Screenshot on Netflix
- 3 Ways to Add Album Art to MP3 in Windows 10
- What is the Keyboard Shortcut for Strikethrough?
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to change Netflix video quality on your computer. If the issue persists despite your best efforts, reach out to us through the comments section below, and we might be of help.