It is a well-known fact that Google strives to be the best at everything it does. In a world where video calling applications are the most important commodity, Google Duo was a welcome change that, unlike other apps, provided the highest quality of video calling. Initially, the app was only available for smartphones, but with the increasing use of PCs, the feature has made its way to the bigger screen. If you want to experience high-quality video calling from your desktop, here’s a guide to help you figure out how to use Google Duo on your Windows PC.
How to Use Google Duo on Windows PC
Method 1: Use Google Duo for Web
‘Google Duo for Web’ works similar to WhatsApp Web but allows users to make video calls through their browser. It is an extremely convenient feature that lets you talk to your friends from the larger screen of your PC. Here’s how you can use Google Duo on your PC:
1. On your browser, visit the official website of Google Duo.
2. If you haven’t logged in with your Google account on your browser, you might have to do so here.
3. First click on ‘Try Duo for web’ and log in with your Google credentials.
4. Once this is done, you will be redirected to the Duo page.
5. If your contacts are synced with your Google account, then they will appear on the Google Duo page. You can then start a call or make a Duo group for group calls.
Method 2: Install Webpage as Application
You can take the web feature a step further and install it as an application on your PC. The ability to install a webpage as an application is becoming more and more popular.
1. Open Google Chrome on your PC and make sure your browser is updated to its latest version.
2. Once again, head to the Google Duo website. On the top right corner of the URL bar, you should see an icon resembling a desktop screen with an arrow drawn across it. Click on the icon to proceed.
3. A small pop-up will appear asking if you want to install the app; click on Install, and the Google Duo app will be installed on your PC.
If you use Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome, you can still install Google Duo as an application on your PC:
1. Open the Google Duo page and log in with your Google account.
2. Click on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.
3. From the list of options that appear, place your cursor over the ‘Apps’ option and then click on Install Google Duo.
4. A confirmation will appear, click on Install, and Google Duo installed on your PC.
Also Read: 9 Best Android Video Chat Apps
Method 3: Install the Android version of Google Duo on your PC
While Google Duo for Web offers most of the basic functions provided by the app, it lacks the features that come with the Android version. If you want to use the original Android version of Google Duo on your desktop, here’s how you can install Google Duo on your computer:
1. To run the Android version of Duo on your PC, you will need an Android Emulator. While there are many emulators out there, BlueStacks is the most popular and reliable one. Download the software from the given link and install it on your PC.
2. Once BlueStacks is installed, run the software and sign in with your Google account.
3. You can then check out the Play Store and install the Google Duo app for your device.
4. The Google Duo app will be installed on your PC allowing you to make full use of all its features.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can Google duo be used on a PC?
While the feature was initially unavailable, Google has now created a web version for Google Duo, allowing people to make use of the video calling application through their PC.
Q2. How do I add Google Duo to my computer?
Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, the two most popular browsers for Windows, give users the option of converting webpages into functioning applications. By using this feature, you can add Google Duo to your PC.
Q3. How do I install Google duo on Windows 10 laptop?
Many Android emulators on the internet will let you use smartphone apps on your PC with ease. By using BlueStacks, one of the most popular Android emulators, you can install the original Google Duo on your Windows 10 PC.
- How to Run iOS Apps On Windows 10 PC
- 8 Ways To Fix Instagram Video Call Not Working
- How to Use Netflix Party to Watch Movies with Friends
- How to check RAM Speed, Size, and Type in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to use Google Duo on Windows PC. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.